Shangri-La Hotels Pte Ltd (“We”) respects the privacy of all its customers and business partners, and treat personal information provided by you as confidential. We use your personal data and information in order to fulfil our commitment to providing you with distinctive Asian standards of hospitality service. The Company is committed to protecting your privacy and observing its obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Shangri-La Hotels Pte Ltd.
Information we may collect from you
The term “personal data” in this policy refers to personal information which is capable of identifying you as an individual. You can visit our Website without providing any personal data or information. When we need to collect personal data from you to provide you with a particular service, we will ask you to voluntarily supply us with the information we need.
Information you give us – You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Website, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you subscribe to our newsletter, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
Information we collect about you – With regard to each of your visits to our Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us – We will use this information to fulfil reservations or requests for information or services, accommodate your personal preferences for your visit, provide you with our products or services, get in contact with you about your reservation, including reminders. We will also use the information to notify you about changes to our services and to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
We may also use the information you provide to us, and in particular your email address, to provide you with information about goods or services offered by Sky Lounge and the Shangri-La hotel more generally that we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous visit or purchase. If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
- Information we collect about you – We will use this information (i) to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes; (ii) to improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; (iii) to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; (iv) as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure; and (v) to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources – We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive). In particular, where you have given your consent, we will use the information collected by Toptable to send you marketing that we think may be of interest to you.
By using the Website, you consent to such processing and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if the Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Our commitment to Data Security
To maintain the accuracy of your personal data, as well as preventing unauthorised access to and ensuring the correct use of your personal data, we have carried out appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure the personal data we collect. These measures are subject to on-going review and monitoring. Whilst we make every effort to protect your personal data, no security measures can guarantee that your personal data and information will not be subject to interference, misuse or hacking and we shall not be responsible for any loss, misuse or alteration arising as a result of such incidents.
Children and Minors
Except where required by local laws, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children or minors. If you are a child or minor, you may only use our website and services with the permission of your parent or guardian.
To enhance your experience on our Website, some of our web pages may use “cookies.” Cookies are text files that we place in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your email address or other personally-identifiable information unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, registering for one of our services. However, once you choose to furnish the site with your personally-identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.